Saturday, September 19, 2015

Hanging Out in Elizabeth City, NC

Day 3
9/17/15



Today was a "no travel" day.  I needed to find a diver to get the props and rudders cleaned of the barnacles that were slowing us down.  I was finally able to find someone who was willing to short haul the boat and clean the props for less than I had paid the last diver, so I hired him.

The people who had been behind us in the Dismal Swamp Canal who also had two Border Terriers showed up and we had some nice conversations comparing notes on our dogs.  They also gave us some leads on where we may want to stay in Florida when we arrive.

Sharon and I walked to the local CVS for some supplies and also took a walk around town.  We had some visitors come by the boat, one of whom also owned a PDQ 34!  Several people came aboard to check out the boat.

It was late afternoon by the time I could move the boat to the lift for prop cleaning, so while the dogs and I went to take care of that Sharon went to the free wine and cheese party given by some locals for visiting cruisers.  Then she went to a wine tasting and a food pairing event at a local restaurant where she had supper.  After getting back from having the props cleaned I had microwaved hot dogs and sauerkraut for supper.

No comments :

Post a Comment